Monday, June 6, 2011

Nova AKA Boom - Just Practicing - Mixtape Review




First off, I am very excited that JP2 is released! As yall may recall I posted Nova as Artist of the week and the video "Foolish Lil Girl" over a year ago on this same site! With that being said, I happy to see the progress and determination that Nova has burning in him!

Intro- Nice lil intro with a few bars to bring in the rest of the mixtape.

Queens Get The Money - Definitely a great song about the borough of Queens. A great anthem also. I just didn't like the fact I didn't hear Long Island City or Queensbridge mentioned (lol).

Throw Ya Hood Up - Very hypnotizing beat. Very raw song about Southside Jamaica Queens. #BumpWorthy

Sweet Lady - Definetly a  great song/poem. I think its what a man wants to say to his "sweet lady" but could never and I love that it is in musical format.

Fall For Your Type - A nice remake  of Jamie Foxx's Song with great delivery from Nova.

Foolish lil Girl PT.2 - A Funnier version to Foolish lil Girl part 1. I like this one better lol.

Fast Lane - Great storytelling about situations that happen with everyday people. Also a great video to go along with the song.


Team Blaze Anthem - Great range of rappers who are associated with Team Blaze. Definitely has a catchy hook and great delivery from all the rappers on the song.

Drumma Bass - Club Banger #1. This song has a lot of potential! #BumpWorthy

Get Hype - The Club Banger #2 for the mixtape.

So Fine - Great beat with another good storyline. Also great imaging, as if I could picture everything as I hear the song.

Computer Luv - Yet another song everyone can relate to. At least I can lol.

Special - Love the song! #BumpWorthy. Love the Delivery from Nova and the poem at the end is the icing on the cake.

Love Jones - Definitely a song everyone can relate to. Catchy hook.

Clash of The Titan - Great production, Great delivery from all the artists on the song.  #BumpWorthy

Mind of a Psycho - Reminds me of an old but new Run DMC song with the rock fusion. #DJTatiApproved.

No comments:

Post a Comment