Friday, February 11, 2011

Be On The Look-Out: Artist of the Week- Mula



Artist: Mula Genre: Hip Hop/Rap Origin: Brooklyn, NY  Statistically speaking, 2 out of 5 music consumers say that "the music [they] listen to tells people something about who [they] are." The same goes for Brooklyn rapper, Mula. Mula is the perfect blend of street, smarts, and an expert of lyrical manipulation. He began his career as an artist armed with a pen and a notebook setting out to create the lyrical ear crack of a mixtape that came to be known as "Fresh Out the P’s" which has over 10,000 downloads. Since the success of the "Fresh Out of the P’s" mixtape, doors began opening for the promising young rapper. Everything from meeting his current manager, Prince Lord of You Need Marketing, LLC., to being a spokesperson for Zen Edge Energy Drink and doing a radio commercial alongside T-Pain and other mainstream artists. Mula is well on his way to becoming the next rap artist to blow, and if you are having your doubts, yoraps.com themusicbizzmag.com and mahoganygirl.com are just of the few sources who stand behind that claim. Mula also has a gift that not every artist can proudly boast; he is able to identify with his fans. Each time this force of an artist takes the stage, the energy that resonates between him and the crowd is evidence that this man is well on his way. "My style, my lyrics, my tattoos, and everything about me and my music are relatable to the people who like my music. From the struggles I’ve gone through in life and as an artist, I have been fortunate to from a personal connection that all of my fans can relate to and for that reason, my fan base is solid and continues to grow." 




No comments:

Post a Comment